my owl

for my owl I am doing calligraphy. calligraphy is is a visual art related to writing. it was invented in china, in (206 BCE- 220 CE). the original font for calligraphy was gothic hand also called black hand. there are three main types of calligraphy fonts: western, eastern, and Arabic. each type reflects the language and handwriting of a different region of the world. the easiest font is called round hand because it is simple, easy,ย  clear, and beautiful. but in my opinion I think the chancery italic hand is the easiest because it is vary simple and I really like this kind of calligraphy.

So I am doing calligraphy for my owl. In my project so far I have around 4 and a half hours. And in these hours i have divided it into research, starting to make my presentation, and doing calligraphy. my main goal is to get to 3 different types of calligraphy and to get really good at one. some of my smaller goals are to practice twice a week in and out of school, some of my resources so far are YouTube, calligraphy pens, and a book to teach me how to do it and how to hold the pen. the three main types i want to learn are the chancery italic hand, gothic hand, and The cincial hand. here’s a link to how to hold your calligraphy penย ๐Ÿ‘‰https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0o4VS7wr7g ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

this concludes my blog for this week if you have any suggestions for my next blog you could put them in the comments. bye!

-Eternity